Window films are thin polyester coatings applied to glass. They are available in a several different types and can deliver a variety of benefits to homes, commercial buildings, and automobiles.
Window Film Types
- Safety and Security: These films protect against accidental or intentional impact by a foreign object. The glass may still break but the film prevents shattering and keeps the glass in place.
- Anti-Graffiti: Anti-graffiti window film can reduce the time and resources needed to manually remove graffiti—a great option for commercial, industrial, and government facilities.
- Decorative: Add privacy to windows with frosted or colored decorative window tints. This type of window film comes in many styles, colors, patterns, textures, and designs.
- Solar: If your main objective is to improve energy efficiency, solar window films protect against up to 99 percent of UV rays from the sun, which increases indoor comfort and energy savings as well as regulate indoor temperature, reduce glare, and prevent the fading of interior furnishings.
- Low-E: Low-E window film can help keep your home cool in the summer and warm during the winter by providing an extra layer of insulation for your windows.
Window Film Benefits
- Enhanced Appearance: Available in a full spectrum of shades, window films can help you achieve the look you want by aesthetically enhancing the exterior of your home, office, or automobile.
- Privacy: Standard window films make it harder to see into a building from the exterior but there are also window films designed specifically for privacy needs.
- UV Protection: Think of window films as sunscreen for your home, office, or automobile. They can reject up to 99% of harmful UV rays, protecting both people and interior furnishings.
- Safety and Security: Safety window film creates a strong barrier to keep intruders out of your home or building during an intentional breakage. It also prevents a broken window from shattering into dangerous shards of glass during an accidental breakage.
- Energy Savings: In the summer, window films reflect ultraviolet rays from the sun, significantly decreasing interior temperatures. In the winter, window films reflect heat back into the building. This benefit means lower energy costs and less wear and tear on your HVAC.
- Temperature Regulation: Window film can control unwanted interior heat from the sun, reducing troublesome temperature imbalances inside your home or building.
- Durability and Longevity: Many window film providers offer warranties—some up to 15 years!
Trust the Talented Window Film Team at The Tint Guy
With over 30 years experience, The Tint Guy is a smart choice for all your window film needs. Specializing in residential, commercial, or automotive window films, we are comfortable providing expert sales and installation of the complete line of 3M Window Films on all types of windows (single pane, dual pane, insulated, laminated, tempered glass, skylights, atrium windows, and more)! Our manufacturer certified installers follow stringent installation techniques to ensure the finished product always exceeds your expectations. Call us at 404-890-5518 (Woodstock), 770-975-2568 (Kennesaw), or contact us through our online form to get started on your window film project today!