Residential buildings experience energy losses of almost 30% and commercial buildings experience up to 40% heating and cooling losses due to their abundance of windows. Low-emissivity (Low-e) window films are coated with a virtually invisible layer of metal or metal oxide to repel ultraviolet (UV) light. Applied to the insides of your windows, this special coating allows natural light in while minimizing the amount of heat allowed through the windows, reducing heat loss in the winter and non-solar heat gain in the summer.
Benefits of Low-e Window Films
- Cheaper Than Window Replacement: Adding low-e window films is a much more budget-friendly option for curbing window-related energy losses than total window replacement. Low-e window films cost a fraction of the price of new windows, but can make single-pane windows nearly as insulated as double-paned windows and double-paned windows nearly as insulated as triple-pane windows.
- Block UV light: Low-e window films block around 99% of UV rays, which can damage, discolor, or fade furniture, upholstery, flooring, rugs, wallpaper, and artwork.
- Maintain Aesthetics: The interior look of your home or business is not altered in any way by the addition of low-e window films. They will work seamlessly with your current decor and architecture and require no changes during future design or decorating upgrades.
- Maintenance-Free: After installation, low-e window films are virtually maintenance-free.
- Fast ROI: Low-e window films generally reflect between 70- 80% of solar heat gain in the summer and conserve over 50% of interior heat in the winter. Their all-season performance offers a fast ROI of between 2-5 years.
Partner with The Tint Guy to Add Low-E Window Films to Your Home or Business
Low-e window films rival or match the performance and appearance of new glass. It enhances sustainability, comfort, and helps to provide fade protection, while remaining virtually invisible, with a neutral appearance that will not dramatically change the look of your windows—inside or out. With over 30 years experience, The Tint Guy is a smart choice for all your window film needs. Specializing in residential, commercial, or automotive window films, we are comfortable providing expert sales and installation of the complete line of 3M Window Films. Our manufacturer certified installers follow stringent installation techniques to ensure the finished product exceeds your expectations. Call us at 404-890-5518 (Woodstock), 770-975-2568 (Kennesaw), or contact us through our online form to get started on your low-e window film project today!